The idea of the Research Forum was initiated by Dr. Daphne Pillai, Chairperson, MES Management Board
in recognition of a need to foster research practices among various departments of the Mahatma Education Society. The Forum was founded in April 2004 when Prof. Smita Dalvi was given its charge as the chairperson.
With the active patronage of Dr. K. M. Vasudevan Pillai, CEO, MES
and enthusiastic and able support of the executive committee members, the Forum has been successful in creating an environment of academic fellowship among diverse institutes of the Mahatma Education Society.
- To encourage research among MES teaching community.
- To share knowledge and exchange ideas through seminars.
- To publish papers at national and international forums.
- To encourage institutions of MES to undertake research in their area such as Education, Engineering, Management, Architecture, Finance.
- To build up the image of MES through the forum.
- To organize workshops and training on Research and Education.
- To publish newsletters.
The Forum has conducted several activities since its inception such as workshops and lectures on Research Methodologies, a workshop on Teaching Skills, Paper reading sessions by the members of the Forum and invited guest lectures by International Experts during the sesquicentennial year of the Mumbai University and subsequently. Anticipating enthusiastic participation of the young and experienced faculty, the Research Forum aims to strengthen its activities to fulfill above goals.
In 2008, the Forum initiated "MES Faculty Seminar Series"
- an innovative concept aimed to create an inter-disciplinary platform for the various specialist departments of the Society. Yet another initiative this year has been the inception of the "MES Student Seminar Series", in which the students from our various departments are nominated to present their research or field projects carried out towards their graduation.